Book Title: Stick Up for Yourself: Every Kid's Guide to Personal Power & Positive Self-Esteem (Revised & Updated Edition)
Publisher: Free Spirit Publishing
Author: Gershen Kaufman
- Speak Up and Get Along!: Learn the Mighty Might, Thought Chop, and More Tools to Make Friends, Stop Teasing, and Feel Good About Yourself
- Being Me: A Kid's Guide to Boosting Confidence and Self-Esteem
- Social Rules for Kids-The Top 100 Social Rules Kids Need to Succeed
- Bus to Corinth
- Massacre at Sand Creek: How Methodists Were Involved in an American Tragedy
- Cool, Calm, and Confident: A Workbook to Help Kids Learn Assertiveness Skills
- Hollow Faith: How Andy Griffith, Facebook, and the American Dream Diluted the Gospel
- One Well: The Story of Water on Earth (CitizenKid)
- Adventure of Ascent: Field Notes from a Lifelong Journey
- Hospitable Planet: Faith, Action, and Climate Change
First published in 1990, this perennial best-seller has helped countless children build self-esteem and assertiveness skills.
Newly revised and updated, it’s the ultimate resource for any kid who’s ever been picked on at school, bossed around, blamed for things he or she didn’t do, or treated unfairly—and for any kid who sometimes feels frustrated, angry, powerless, or scared. Simple words and real-life examples show how children can stick up for themselves with other kids (including bullies and teasers), big sisters and brothers, even grown-ups.
Kids learn how to build relationships, become responsible, manage their anger, grow a “feelings vocabulary,” make good choices, solve problems, set goals, and “store” happiness and pride. Questions from real kids are paired with answers about how to handle specific situations calmly, confidently, and effectively. A special note to parents and teachers explores the “self-esteem backlash” and explains what self-esteem really is—and why kids today need it more than ever.
A wealth of practical, encouraging, realistic advice, this empowering little book is also recommended for parents, teachers, and counselors.
Part of the Bully Free Kids™ line